Tuesday, July 11, 2017

The Linden Store - Wellesley, MA

A Wellesley staple since 1933, if you haven't had a sandwich from The Linden Store, where have you been?  Living under a rock?  

At the office I used to work in, everyone was in on ordering lunch when it was from The Linden - and they don't deliver, but it was worth the trip.

Now, let's break it down.  You can't go wrong with a Linden Special - similar to an Italian but with marinated sweet peppers and fewer meats - and of course their Italian is fabulous.  When you go in for a sandwich, you can see them slicing your meats for your made-to-order sandwich.  It is always bustling and there are several folks behind all the counters and usually a line.  At lunch time, be prepared to wait.

I usually prefer dark meat in my chicken salad, but theirs is all white meat and it's so good.  I like to order a chicken salad sandwich on a wheat wrap with tomatoes and banana peppers, myself.

They have a daily sub special that used to include a Meatball with Provolone alternative on two or three days but it is so popular that it is now an alternative special every day of the week.

They recently renovated their building as well as revamped their breakfast menu, which is so exciting.  I am not a morning person, but if Linden breakfast is a motivator, I will get up.  They have delicious breakfast sandwiches and smoothies and now omelettes and pancakes!  Unfortunately, I only have a photo of breakfast but that is probably because I was waiting for it to cool. 

The Linden Store 

 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home