Monday, May 29, 2017

Caffe Nero - Wellesley, MA

I was berating myself for having lived in Wellesley for years but only recently discovering Caffe Nero.  After a tiny bit of research though, it appears to have only moved into the old Wellesley Hills train station in 2016.  Maybe I'm not losing it quite yet.

Caffe Nero is just... cool.  With armchairs and a fireplace and and cozy nooks, a writer might hole up there, scribbling notes between shots of espresso.  You might bring your laptop in and sip a beautifully decorated latte while you get a little work done.  Maybe meet a friend for a light lunch on the patio?  Usually when I've been there, there is a little of all of this going on.

The first time I visited, I ordered a hot apple cider and an Italian sandwich.  The gentleman who helped me advised that I warm up the sandwich before eating it.  I told him I absolutely would (that was a lie) and opened it the minute I got outside.  It was delicious - on a nice crusty bread, oil dripping on my chin and with a kalamata olive tapenade surprise?  I've never had olive in an Italian sandwich, nor do I like olives, but it was perfect.  If it was that good cold, imagine how much better it would've been if I had listened to the guy.

Since then I've had their salad, croissants, and Almond Cream Cake which is to die for.  

My only complaint is that parking is limited, but then I am reminded they are in a historic building and that comes with the territory. 

I was not aware until recently that Caffe Nero is a chain based in London with European locations as well as a handful of locations around Boston.  Find one near you and try something delicious.

Caffe Nero



 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home