Wednesday, May 17, 2017

O'Hara's Food & Spirits - Newton, MA

O'Hara's is my go-to restaurant for THE BEST FRENCH DIP YOU'VE EVER HAD IN YOUR LIFE.  No one else's french dip compares, period.  Every component of this sandwich is perfection: the bread, which is nice and crusty, absorbs the tastiest au jus you can imagine.  The meat is perfectly cooked with just a little pink to it, and the cheese is nice and melty but not so that it all slides out in one bite which is a fault I have found with other sandwiches. The au jus is so good, it is not to be wasted.  I usually dip my fries in it and on my most recent visit, poured some on my guest's mashed potatoes.  It is a thing of beauty.

A "Jelly Jar" to top it off is a delicious cocktail made of fresh squeezed grapefruit juice and Tito's vodka.  Simple and refreshing.

Fair warning: parking can sometimes be a challenge but even if you wind up with a short walk, it is worth it.

WHEN I DIP YOU DIP WE DIP

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home