Thursday, May 4, 2017

Fleming's Steakhouse - Boston, MA

I visited Fleming's during Boston Restaurant Week when they were offering a prix fixe menu.  This meant salad, sides, steak & dessert for less than what the steak normally costs on its own.  I have to say the steak I had there is probably the best I have ever had and considering I find filet mignon a tad overrated, that says a lot.  (Give me a ribeye any day!)

They take their steak seriously, here, which is lucky for me.  You see, I often dine with a friend who likes her steak well-done.  Any color is too much color.  I, on the other hand, like a nice medium-rare; the bloodier, the better.  Often when we order steaks, mine arrives overcooked.  At Fleming's, both of our steaks arrived perfectly cooked.

I ordered mine with porcini mushroom & gorgonzola cream with almond compound butter on the side.  I'll admit I had never heard of compound butter previously but let me tell you it was the most delicious, creamy addition I could ever have dreamed of.  

My apologies that the photo is just a snapchat screenshot but apparently I couldn't hold off long enough to snap a real picture.

Fleming's 

 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home