Sunday, May 28, 2017

Flynn's Irish Pub - Mansfield, MA

When it comes down to it, I am a burger girl at heart - and does Flynn's have a selection of burgers or what?! (Yes, they do.)

Let's back up to appetizers for a quick second because when I think about Flynn's Reuben Spring Rolls, I can taste them 30 miles away and I am salivating.  Usually when I order them I burn my mouth because I cannot wait for them to cool.

Okay back to burgers!  Flynn's has some incredible burgers on their menu and it seems they are always adding new ones.  I have had a burger with fried egg between two pieces of belgian waffle (The O'Rourke #2), a Vermont burger with cheddar and maple syrup between two pieces of french toast*, and there is a burger on the menu between two grilled cheese sandwiches (The Sligo) that I haven't ventured to try (yet.)   The Donegal is a personal favorite - with bacon, cheddar, peanut butter AND strawberry jam.

There are more traditional burgers as well as traditional Irish faire - Shepherd's Pie, Bangers and Mash, etc.

They also have a long beer list and take care to offer a wide range of craft beers including local breweries.  I usually order Lindeman's Framboise Lambic* which is technically a Belgian Raspberry Beer but it tastes nothing like beer (hence its appeal.)  Still, for the beer enthusiasts out there, this is a worthwhile stop.

On certain nights there is live music (these are the nights I avoid because I don't like to go out for dinner and then not have the ability to speak to whoever I'm with) but there are also nights where burgers are 2/$12 or traditional Irish dishes are $9.99.

Wednesdays at 7:30 there is also trivia which I have tried my hand at a few times.  

Even if Flynn's would mean a bit of a drive for you, I suggest it.  You won't be disappointed. 

Flynn's 


Beer Float made with Framboise & Chocolate ice cream
 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home