Thursday, May 18, 2017

Turtle Soup - Narragansett, RI

Now that the weather is finally getting warm, I would be remiss if I didn't suggest you try Turtle Soup.  Located on Ocean Road just across from the sea wall, you can enjoy a drink or even your entire meal from the Adirondack chairs in front of the restaurant.  In addition to the full service restaurant inside, there is a bar outside (where I suggest you order an Espresso martini.)  You won't often see me recommend seafood on this blog as I am not typically a fan, but the mussels here are delicious and I really won't order them elsewhere.

Last time I visited, I was with a vegetarian friend and we were pleasantly surprised at the options available.  We ordered a Spanky's Pie Pizza which has asparagus and artichoke hearts and plum tomatoes and a balsamic reduction among other things.  

It was November then, so we did retreat into the restaurant once it got too chilly outside.  The restaurant is just as cozy, so it is a win-win wherever you decide to sit.  Now that it's nice out though, I would at least have one drink outside before you make your decision.  

Bonus:  Have a dog that behaves well in public?  They are welcome in the outdoor seating.  Mine, unfortunately, gets overwhelmed easily and therefore does not get to come.

Turtle Soup 

 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home