Monday, May 29, 2017

The Quahog Republic - Onset, MA

I've noticed a theme in my posts that I frequently say 'I don't usually like such and such BUT' and maybe that is the point.  Maybe the fact that some folks can turn ingredients into a masterful dish and make me enjoy something I never have before is exactly what I should highlight.

A Cuban sandwich is by definition "a variation of a ham and cheese sandwich...made with ham, roasted pork, Swiss cheese, pickles, mustard..."

In other words, a Cuban sandwich is full of things I don't like.  I have never liked ham.  At Easter, my mom made a turkey.  And Swiss cheese?  To me, it has always tasted like rubber.

So, I'm not sure what made me order a Cuban sandwich at The Quahog Republic, but it was the start of a love affair.  Once again, unbeknownst to me, The QR has a few locations.  The one I have visited, is their "waterfront" location on Onset Avenue, technically just across the street from the beach.

On a nice beach day, you can leave your chair in the sand and take the short walk across the street for a margarita or a cold beer.  With Quahog in the name, you know there are plenty of seafood offerings - a lobster roll, fish & chips, the obvious stuffed quahog - but that Cuban sandwich.  You've gotta have that Cuban sandwich.

The Quahog Republic 

 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home