Tuesday, July 11, 2017

The Hangover Pub - Worcester, MA

Do you love bacon?  Personally, I could take it or leave it, but at The Hangover Pub, it is their passion.  There is bacon in just about everything, even the salad and the drinks!

Now if you, like me, are a person who researches a restaurant's menu before visiting, let me give you this disclaimer - a friend and I decided to visit The Hangover Pub after watching a segment recorded by a popular restaurant critic which showcased Pork Belly & Goat Cheese Rangoon, a Fried Chicken Po' Boy, a Double Bacon Burger made with Wagyu beef and a huge slab of local bleu cheese as well as a handful of other delicious dishes.  So you can understand our frustration when none of those three items were on the menu.  (This is actually not the only time this has happened to us, so now I am more diligent about checking seasonal menus.)

Although I had my heart set on the above mentioned burger, I ended up ordering their Brisket Burger (which as of this post still appears on their menu.)  It was very flavorful and nicely cooked.

We started off with a couple of appetizers - "Mancandy" and House-Made Parmesan & Bacon Potato Chips. 

"Mancandy" is 4 strips of house-made slab bacon candied and blow-torched, served in a glass with maple syrup for dipping.  For someone who doesn't love bacon, it was surprisingly good.  A nice balance of salty and sweet.  

As for the potato chips, I have to say we were once again disappointed by the expectation the video gave us and what we really received.  In the video there is diced bacon all over the top of the chips; we had a few pieces lingering at the bottom.  Of course, things are staged to make them look more appealing on camera but I would think you'd at least try to serve the same quality when it counts.

The Hangover Pub


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home